One of Safe Space's core beliefs is that service delivery should be continually assessed – its methods and results quantitatively and qualitatively measured and its issues addressed in a timely fashion. We have an entire department – Policy and Planning – dedicated to creating and implementing the tools/processes required for evaluation at every operational level. The department has instituted two systems – Quality Assurance and Performance Monitoring and Management – that draw every staff member into the process of assessment and build broad buy-in for continual self-examination and self-improvement.Through rigorous and ongoing performance measurement and management, Safe Space's programs have achieved quantifiable success. Some of our recent annual results include:
- Enrolled more than 6,000 children and families in Health Insurance programs.
- 99% of the children in our Healthy Families Jamaica program were at an age-appropriate development level during their last assessment.
- 84% of the children who completed services in our Seen & Heard program experienced a decrease in their symptoms, and 92% of their caregivers became confident in their ability to care for their children.
- 100% of the women in our Immigrant Support program had created a safety plan within one month of entering the program.
- 67% of those who entered our Youth Drop-In Centers with unstable housing had secured stable housing within three months of beginning services, and 91% of the youth who entered the program with stable housing remained in stable housing throughout services.
- We reached 7,689 youth in Queens and Manhattan through our outreach programs.
- 100% of the residents in our Transitional-Living Programs were employed or enrolled in school within 90 days of entering the program.